Job Title: Data Analyst
Full time, salary £32,000
The data analyst plays a key role in supporting data-driven decision-making within the organization. Reporting to the Head of IT and working with the CEO and Senior Team, this position involves collecting, processing, and analysing data to provide valuable insights and contribute to strategic business initiatives. The data analyst will work closely with other team members to ensure data accuracy, completeness, and relevance.
Data Collection and Processing:
Collect and compile data from various sources, ensuring data integrity and accuracy. Clean, preprocess, and organise data sets for analysis.
Analysis and reporting:
Assist in analysing large datasets to identify trends, patterns, and insights. Generate routine reports and dashboards to communicate findings to relevant stakeholders.
Create visually appealing and informative charts, graphs, and other visualisations to present data insights.
Collaborate with team members to develop interactive dashboards for better data representation.
Work with databases to query, retrieve, and update data as needed.
Ensure data is stored securely and in compliance with data governance policies.
Conduct data quality checks to identify and rectify errors or inconsistencies. Collaborate with team members to maintain and improve data quality standards.
Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including IT, business analysts, and other departments, to understand data requirements and deliver actionable insights.
Stay updated on industry trends, data analysis techniques, and emerging tools. Seek opportunities for professional development to enhance analytical skills.
Document data analysis processes, methodologies, and findings for future reference. Contribute to the development of data-related documentation and knowledge-sharing initiatives.
Qualifications and skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field such as statistics, mathematics, computer science, or a related discipline.
- Strong analytical skills with attention to detail.
- Proficiency in data analysis tools and languages such as Excel, SQL, and Python
- Basic understanding of statistical concepts and methodologies.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Eagerness to learn and adapt to new technologies and methodologies.
- Familiarity with data visualisation tools (e.g., Tableau, Power BI) is a plus.
Interested candidates are invited to submit a cover letter and CV to Amanda Taylor email@example.com by Monday 5th February 2024.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview, which will be held on Wednesday 14th February 2024.