The Event Horse Owners Association (EHOA), a strategic partner of British Eventing, is funding an exciting and dynamic new league for top level eventing on British soil. The concept will reward the most competitive and consistent combinations at CCI4*-S and CCI4*-L levels throughout the 2022 season. The EHOA points system, designed by EquiRatings, features a tight points distribution for the top 25 (CCI4*-L) and top 15 (CCI4*-S) finishers, plus a unique negative points structure for cross-country jumping errors. The expectation is that the league will remain hotly contested by a large number of both established and up-and-coming horses, with the potential for dramatic changes to the series leader board on every cross-country day. The points system rewards exceptional, consistent results at this level and therefore will be equally open to riders, regardless of the number of horses they have at this level. The EHOA aims to give owners and riders of top-level horses a season to celebrate.
Prize: The EHOA Members’ League 2022 will carry a minimum of £20,000 in prize money, divided between the winner (£15,000 minimum), the runner-up and a special prize for the top placed horse ridden by a young rider (aged 28 or below until end of 2022). The EHOA Members’ League is open to all but in order to claim the prizes the owners of the horses must be a member of the EHOA before 1 August 2022. For horses with multiple owners one owner must be a member. After that date, the league will reduce to only those combinations owned by an EHOA registered owner.
The 2022 Season:
- Comprises all GBR CCI4*-S and CCI4*-L class from Chatsworth onwards to the end of 2022.
- 25pts for winning a CCI4*-L, reducing by 1pt per place to all top 25 finishers
- 15pts for winning a CCI4*-S, reducing by 1pt per place to all top 15 finishers
- -5pts for 20 to less than 40 jumping penalties on cross-country
- -10pts for 40 or more jumping penalties on cross-country
- -15pts for failing to finish the cross-country phase
- A horse’s best four points values will be summed together
- ALL negative points incurred will be subtracted from their series total
For full rules of the EHOA Members’ League please visit the EHOA website.
To learn more about the EHOA Members’ 2022 League, you can listen to EHOA board members Claire Dubowski and Linda Allan in conversation with Nicole Brown on the EquiRatings Eventing Podcast:
For more information on the EHOA and for full league rules visit the EHOA website – www.ehoa.org.